Saturday 18 July 2009

Advanced Float Tubing Techniques: Don’t Try This at Home!

One of the issues when fishing from a belly boat or float tube is simply getting into and out of it.

Just putting on the flippers when wearing waders can be a performance worthy of the Cirque du Soleil.

Then there is that whole backwards, duck-walk to get into deep enough water to float your tube. It is a pain, but worth it once you are floating along like the King of Podunk in your La-Z-Boy Recliner picking off fish no one else can reach.
-

It really is idyllic floating along, enjoying the day and the fishing; well, that is until you have to pee.

That means kicking to a secluded spot with an easy place to land.



Sometimes you need to compromise; secluded but not so easy to land or, easy to land but not so secluded. It is a tough choice, made tougher the
longer you wait to make the decision.

I thought I had it licked a while ago while floating one of the nearby urban lakes. I had a big bottle of Gatorade with me and figured once the juice was finished I could use the bottle to pee in if needed. That way I could be not only discrete but avoid a possibly hazardous landing too.
-
Sure enough, not long after having this brilliant idea I had the opportunity to try it out.
-
So there I was floating in deep water, just behind a little island with both arms jammed down my waders as I tried to make the arrangements for the necessary deed.
-
It was a bit of a shaky start but soon everything was going according plan.




I drifted there with that goofy look babies get sometimes when wearing their diapers, congratulating myself on the plan coming together, then it struck me; I had also enjoyed a Tim's double double earlier in the day, on the way to the lake.
-
Maybe a Gatorade would fit back in the bottle coming out. Please, just trust me when I tell you that a Gatorade and a Tim Horton's, double double coffee sure as heck won't.
-
I use float tubes that are a bit easier to get in and out of now a'days and once the waders were swabbed out with Javex , well, you know...

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Fish Whisperer said...

LOL Great post Steve. I almost wet myself laughing.
Try Depends next time.
Tight lines

18 July 2009 at 23:00  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Hi Fish Whisperer,

How has the fishing been down in your slice of paradise?

One of the hidden benefits to that new boat of yours, this whole peeing thing eh?

Cheers,
Steve

18 July 2009 at 23:22  
Blogger Fish Whisperer said...

Steve, the weather has been atrocious. Raining and blowing 25knots. But still getting out and catching a few. Will post soon with some new images.
Try peeing when the boat is rocking like there is no tomorrow. Needles to say the front of the pants are usually wet when one is done.
When you getting down here?
Tight lines

20 July 2009 at 13:37  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

The weather has been mostly bad this summer for us too Fish Whisperer.

I can only dream about fishing in your part of the world for now. I think I'll buy a lottery ticket tomorrow just in case.

Cheers,
Steve

22 July 2009 at 04:36  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home