Saturday 13 June 2009

Trip With Brother Warren

I had a nice trip out with my brother Warren the other night.
The river we visited was shockingly low and the whole bottom was covered in a brown algae. Warren called it “Rock Snot”.

I had been there about a week and a half ago and the water was at the perfect level, Shad and Trout were everywhere. We had to follow the brook down to where it hits the big river to find any fish. I caught a small Bass and Warren hooked a few Shad.

Not legendary fishing by any stretch but fun to get out and it doesn’t hurt for the big brother to win one every now and then.
Certainly cuts down on the “noogies”.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Random Phrump said...

Don't forget the part where I went into Tim Horton's to get a coffee...

The waitress said, "I like your hat!"
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes, and I like your beard, too!" she added.
"My brother's outside in the truck. I'm going to tell him you said that," I grinned. "He always makes fun of my hats - African Safari Man, he calls me!"
"I think he's jealous", she replied, "and you can tell him I said that, too!"

14 June 2009 at 20:14  
Blogger Fish Whisperer said...

Steve don't forget the part about how you never saw your brothers fish and you just did not want to hurt his feeling by not believing him.
You gotta love siblings.
Tight lines to you both.

14 June 2009 at 23:45  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Hey Fish Whisperer,
Back me up O.K.?

Calling someone "African Safari Man" isn't necessarily making fun of him is it? It could also be a sign of respect.

Cheers,
Steve

24 June 2009 at 03:56  
Anonymous Tom Heidel - Wilderness Cook said...

The big brothers of the world have to restake their claim every so often. It sounds like you had a good time, so it was worth it.

14 July 2009 at 19:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home