Sunday 30 November 2008

More Fish Farm Escapes

Well I was reading The Sun, a UK paper the other day and saw this story by J. Pyatt.



By coincidence I also recently watched the movie, “The Great Escape”, which might be why this story and the photos caught my eye.





Supposedly the brown trout leaped from a breeding pond into the pipe carrying fresh water from a stream about thirty feet away. Those tunnels can sure come in handy.





You can read the whole story here at the Sun.

Photos by Dennis Bright, at Alresford, Hants.

I would be interested in whether you think there is a bit of Photo Shopping going on here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger T. Brook Smith said...

Great photos and a nice heads up, Steve!

Thanks for posting on my blog this fall. I've been busy of late and didn't reply, but I'm headed there now to answer your questions.

Check out the Native Fish Conservancy when you get a chance. We're working on some things you might appreciate.

http://brooksmith.blogspot.com/

10 December 2008 at 23:33  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Thanks for stopping by.
I will certainly check out your work at the Native Fish Conservancy.
Cheers,
Steve

11 December 2008 at 05:04  
Blogger thebigandyt said...

Hi Steve,

I still haven't managed to get a proper go with your clip, the fishings been quite poor over the winter, but it's remained on my vest since i got it. I read this story when it first came out, it all sounds a bit dubious but my newphew loved the idea when i showed him the pics

3 January 2009 at 22:16  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Hello Andy,

The clip probably looks great on your vest anyway. As I say, you won't use it all the time but when you need it...it is like having an extra hand. Don't forget to send me a picture of the clip in action. You are the first in your country to be using one and I'd enjoy posting about it on the blog.

Cheers,
Steve

30 January 2009 at 21:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

21 November 2009 at 12:34  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home