Saturday 4 July 2009

A New Float Tube

Well, I have not been doing much fishing. A combination of laziness and crappy weather has kept me off the water for the last couple of weeks. It is raining again today with the prediction of a thunder storm later on. It has been the wettest June I can remember.

-

Of course anyone who knows me will tell you that my memory is not the greatest. For example; I remember catching a 17 inch trout in Long Lake one time while fishing with my Dad and brother Dave.


-


No one else seems to remember that but, that time when we were twelve that I lost the worms just as the fishing was getting great, well, everyone seems to remember but me.

-
My buddy Brad can remember every detail of every trip we have ever taken. Me, I just remember a montage of salmon takes and leaping trout. Usually the events of the trips get jumbled together into one long and pleasant reverie rather than a linear account of particulars. Of course there are certain things I remember vividly, such as rowing the length of Grand Lake once because someone figured we had enough gas to make the trip. We didn’t as it turned out.

-

Anyway, memories of fishing trips are suspect as anyone who has ever listened to a fishing story will tell you. For today I’ll keep one eye on the weather and the other on my book as I look for a chance to get out and try for some bass in the new float tube I picked up second-hand last evening.


It is a Tout Unlimited, Kennebec model. Looks like it will be very comfortable. With an extra float tube, I can invite someone else to come along on a tubing trip, instead of always having to go alone.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home