Friday 13 June 2008

Summer Salmon on the LaHave River

  • With all the fun I have been having with Trout and Shad I have neglected to mention that the Summer Salmon season is getting underway.

    My fishing year has evolved to the point where it is easy to lay out, for planning purposes.

  • April is a bit of Trout fishing but mainly it is the month to moan about the weather and tie a few flies.
  • May is Trout fishing month until the last week, then it becomes Shad Mania until the middle of June.
  • July is often salmon fishing with my Dad and brothers in Labrador or Newfoundland.
  • August is spring-hole Trout and a lot of fly rodding for Smallmouth Bass.
  • September is fall salmon fishing time in Nova Scotia.
  • October is fall salmon catching time in Nova Scotia.

    There are some more months after October but since I do not do much hunting anymore, I am a bit vague on them.

    I’m like the kid from the South Shore here, who when asked by his teacher to name the four seasons started out,”There is Trout season, Deer season ….”

    For some reason I have never had much luck with early Salmon in Nova Scotia and so tend to get distracted by other opportunities. This year though I am studying up on the LaHave River.

With any luck, I will soon be posting some hero shots of Mitchell VanD or me, releasing LaHave Salmon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home