Saturday 24 May 2008

Caught on a Fly

Want a laugh?


Well sometime, make a list of everything you have ever caught on a fly.








Mine goes something like this:

· Yellow Perch
· White perch
· Largemouth Bass
· Smallmouth Bass
· small Striped Bass
· Land Locked Salmon
· Atlantic Salmon
· Eastern Brook Trout
· Rainbow Trout
· Kamloops Rainbow Trout
· Kokanee Salmon
· Chinook (Spring) Salmon
· Brown Trout
· Chain Pickerel
· Pollack
· Mackerel
· American Shad
· Two tree Swallows
· a frog
· a duck (Mallard),
· a very p.o.’d Muskrat –not landed
· Clyde Hurley -not landed but equally p.o.’d
· my jacket – 30 feet away floating down stream with my car keys in the pocket.

I think that is all. I am sure my fishing cronies will add to the list any that I have forgotten and delete any that should not count once the full story comes out.



My luck with spinning gear, while a bit less extensive, does include a ’68 Pontiac hooked on the Liverpool town bridge. The fight was short but spectacular.

The Pontiac escaped. I hid under the bridge for almost an hour before running home. I do not know what the Pontiac’s owner made of a “Red Devel” lure and the hundred yards of monofilament trailing behind him.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have also caught Creek Chub and other small minnows, Gasperaux, Salmon Parr, Salmon Smolt, Land-locked Salmon, several trees, a few canoes and my lucky fishing hat! I will continue to add to this list as my memory allows.

25 May 2008 at 16:50  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the super light fly rod I rigged up that time for minnows etc. What a hoot.

I could probably do a list of species of trees and bushes caught on a fly too.

Lemme see, there's Oak, Maple, Shad Bush, Huckle Berry...

Cheers,
Steve

25 May 2008 at 17:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was all those fish caught on your ultralight that convinced me to take up flyfishing back in 1996.
you out fished me 20 to 1 on that day at our secret spot on the Muskie River. I purchased a fly rod combo the next week at good ol' Canadian Tire. Then in 1997 Warren Dobson AKA "Random Phrump" put me into my first Slink salmon on the Medway in April and you put me into my first fall run salmon on the Philip in October 97. Its been tight lines ever since.

All the best

25 May 2008 at 19:56  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home