Monday 3 September 2007

Fall salmon season has started!

I found some neat pictures while scanning my computer for the picture of Brad a couple of posts back. Its amazing how many pictures I've collected over the years.

Here is Joy Melanson with two nice Newfoundland salmon.

Joy has salmon fished with the boys in Newfoundland a few times over the years. The first time was at Banting Lake Lodge.


We all had a lot of fish that year and Joy had a spectacular first trip. The next time we were there conditions were not quite as good. Three fish for the party and hard work for those.

I was skunked on that particular trip, didn't even see a salmon although the trout fishing was amazing. Joy was of course very gracious about it. She rarely reminds me of it anymore than two or three times every chance she gets.

 Sometimes you can do everything you can think of and not raise a fish, other times you can't keep them off.

I guess that's the appeal of Atlantic Salmon fishing. Just when you think you have it figured out you'll be given an object lesson in how much more there is to learn.


The fall salmon season opens here today. I can't wait to get out there.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home