Saturday 21 June 2008

Learning a New Salmon River-The La Have in Nova Scotia


I am hoping to rendezvous with a fellow to do some salmon fishing on the La Have River in the next few days.
I have to run down to the South Shore anyway this weekend so if we have not managed to hook-up I will head out for a few flicks alone.
-
-
It is always interesting to prospect a new river for salmon. A pool that looks identical to one you have fished on other waters will rarely fish the same way. On some rivers, the fish will lay in front of the rocks or behind them or way the heck down at the end near the fast water below. You just never know until you have put your fly over every inch of likely and unlikely water. Having done that you will sit and scratch your head until a local fellow comes along and happens to mention that the fish in this river will only take a Rusty Rat anyway, not whatever that thing is, you are using.

I am doubtless heading for some embarrassment but I can always use the casting practice.
-
-

Oh yeah, I had better check my box and make sure I have at least one Rusty Rat.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home