Friday 29 June 2007

A pretty nice fish.


Andrew's Big Shad
Here is a picture of Andrew with  biggest fish he has caught so far in Nova Scotia. Not a world record but still a pretty nice fish.

 He got this one on a Muddler Minnow with a split shot about six inches in front of the fly. A bugger to cast but pretty effective. Now we just have to work on that catch and release thing a bit.

I've got a busy week coming up. I'm leaving for a trip to Newfoundland for some salmon fishing and have to get all the chores done in preparation.

On my last trip to this particular river, dry flies were the ticket to success. It was the first time I've ever seen more than one salmon come for the same fly at the same time. What a hoot! I almost dropped my rod the first time it happened. Here is a link to the place I'm headed http://www.gariabay.com/

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home