Tuesday 16 September 2008

Jesus Fish

So I was driving to work this morning and saw one of those Jesus Fish that symbolizes the driver has a strong Christian faith.

I have only ever heard them referred to as Jesus fish although now that I think about it, that may not be appropriately respectful.
-
-
-



So, while I was driving along behind the Chevy with the Jesus fish, I was thinking.

Wouldn't it be funny if there were a fly and a foot or two of broken line hanging from its mouth?
-
-
-
-
-
-
Then I got thinking, wouldn't it be even funnier to take one of those “Talking Billy Bass”, you know the ones that hang on the wall and wiggle and sing "Take me to the Water"? Anyway, wouldn't it be funny to stick that on the back of your Chevy some Sunday morning before pulling into the church parking lot.
-
-
-
-
Then I got a little embarrassed. Thankfully, there was no one else in the car with me or I would probably have said all of that aloud.

My friend Jason did the pictures for me-Thanks J.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Random Phrump said...

I'm not surprised you didn't get any comments on this... Religion is an awkward subject for many people, and the combination of humor and religion can be problematic. On one hand there are the people who don't see anything funny about religion, and on the other you have the folks who are afraid to laugh because they don't want to offend anyone.

Then there are the callous ones like me who don't care too much what other people think... I thought it was funny as hell - off-the-wall lefty line of thought. But, what do I know?

RP

18 September 2008 at 03:32  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

Har! Too funny

18 September 2008 at 06:51  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

There is no intention to offend, just a little too much time stuck in traffic alone.
cheers,
Steve

19 September 2008 at 03:09  
Blogger Fish Whisperer said...

LOL I am with random phrump. Who cares what other people think. If I was in the states I would do it. I am still smiling at this one.
Cheers

19 September 2008 at 10:22  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Thanks Fish Whisperer.

If I were in Fiji fishing with you, I would not have been stuck in traffic in the first place.

Although now that I think of it, I don’t suppose I’d like to be standing at the Pearly Gates explaining this joke to Saint Peter...

Cheers,
Steve

20 September 2008 at 01:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm going to have to get the fish now and tie a nice featherwing for it. :)

28 September 2008 at 18:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home