Friday 29 August 2008

Nova Scotia Summer Salmon Season Best in Thirty Years

Well, wouldn’t you know it? The best salmon season in thirty years and I missed it. It was a classic case of being in the right place at the wrong time.

The good news is that the Atlantic Salmon seem to be having a banner year.


-
Geoff J. sent a couple of photos of him releasing some dime-bright and chunky grilse. Those fish look healthy and heavy for their size. He also tangled with a few multi sea winter fish this summer.
-
-







-
-
-
-
Ian Gall sends a similar report from Newfoundland, lots of fish and a few pictures.
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I have my hopes pinned on the Fall Salmon season now.
The River P. opens on September 1. I have not heard if there are any salmon in the river yet. Not that a lack of fish has ever stopped me from fishing but it does make my excuses a bit better.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger James Mann said...

The same thing happened here this year. We have had a record number of Atlantic salmon moving up the rivers in New Brunswick.

I have been recovering from a heart attack that had no quick fix so it took me a few years to get back to being strong enough to go fishing. I did get out a bit this year but couldn't go alone so I was limited to where and when.

I am still hoping to get a couple of days on the water for some salmon fishing but it's not looking good.

Let's hope that they keep returning like they did this summer.

18 September 2008 at 14:50  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

You are an easy man to agree with James.
Fingers crossed for your complete recovery and another big run of salmon to celebrate it with.

Cheers,
Steve

19 September 2008 at 03:13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home