Saturday 27 September 2008

An Almost True Fishing Story

I was driving home from a backwoods-fishing trip one time and stopped at a roadside farm market. They had the usual corn and tomatoes but I noticed the proprietor sipping from a cup of something with obvious enjoyment.

He soon offered me a glass of the best home-made, Apple Brandy I had ever tasted. I ended up buying a bottle to take home with me.

As I pulled back onto the road, I saw a local man hitchhiking. Because the trip would be long and quiet, I stopped the car and the man climbed in.

During the small talk, the man kept glancing surreptitiously at the
brown bag on the front seat between us.

"If you're wondering what's in the bag," I said, "it's a
bottle of Apple Brandy. I got it for my wife."

The man was silent for awhile, nodded several times and said, "Good
trade."

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Steve: That's a good one, I've heard some variations of it but it was still a surprise.
Thanks for the visit and comment.

28 September 2008 at 05:01  
Blogger Fish Whisperer said...

I am still laughing and wondering where you found the stand.
Cheers

28 September 2008 at 12:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had wondered why I haven't seen Laura in a while. Is that the fruit stand in Milford? I will have to take the misses there soon!

Brad

28 September 2008 at 15:10  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Thanks for stopping by,

I hadn't heard that joke for years and thought it was too funny not to share.

Cheers,
Steve

28 September 2008 at 16:55  
Blogger Tony said...

Brought a wee smile to my face (held the laugh in as the good lady is sat a few feet away) may stick it on my blog if that's ok ?

3 October 2008 at 00:22  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Hi Tony,

You are more than welcome to share this joke with your readers.
Hope the Ribble is being generous to you.

Cheers,
Steve

3 October 2008 at 00:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well nice story

5 October 2008 at 00:00  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home