Saturday 3 May 2008

A Quick Update to Yesterday’s Post


I headed out to see if there were any Shad in the river yet, did not see any or Stripers but loads of Brook Trout.
A small hatch of Black Stoneflies happened about a half-hour after I arrived.
I of course was rigged for Shad, sinking tip and all; but lengthened my leader and put on a Muddler Minnow.
It did not come close to matching the hatch but it was just the ticket, had a ball for a few hours with small Brook Trout.


Saw some enormous Deer tracks on the way out that were not there on my way in. I would sure have liked to get a look at that Deer; it must have been a brute.
.
.
.
.

Quite a contrast to the advance of spring here as opposed to Cape Breton.
Saw a few wild flowers and Pussy Willows. No snow in the woods.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home