Sunday 21 February 2010

A Good MicMac Steak and Great Fishing Stories

 My brother Warren and my nephew Drew stopped in for a visit the other day. Best of all they took me out for a great steak and beer at the MicMac Tavern. In my opinion, Nova Scotia's tavern food is one of the most underrated schools of world cuisine. It is simple, delicious, filling and totally unpretentious. Besides, if you don't like it you can just have some more beer until you do.

-

-

It was great to sit back and spin some yarns about places we have fished, often together, sometimes apart. The Pinware, Grandy's River, Garia River, the Old Fort, the Gander, the Humber, the list goes on and on.


-
-
Each with its fame, its stories, its legends,and best of all, its memories.

These pictures are of a trip to the Pinware in Labrador back in 1995 I think.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home