Monday 9 November 2009

Nova Scotia Fall Salmon Season Ends

The fall salmon season is over.

It ended on Halloween day. All told the season was great, lots of big fish hooked in the rivers draining into the Northumberland Strait and Gulf of St. Lawrence.
My season was not great in terms of fish landed but was superb in terms of feeling great and being able to spend a couple of days bumming around the river. Water temperature was 4 degrees.

-
-
Last year this time I was wondering if I would ever again enjoy the pleasures of a frosty October morning on the water.



Next year I will spread my days over several weeks in October rather than putting all my hopes into the last week of October. It is salmon fishing after all and we all know that the fish were filling the river the week before we were there.







Here are a few photos of my trip last week with Aaron and another day I slipped off alone.









No fish, but a great couple of days nonetheless.
Who said something like, most of us fish our whole lives without ever realizing it is not the fish we are pursuing?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Fish Whisperer said...

Good on ya Steve, for getting out there and enjoying life. It is not the destination it is the journey that counts. After all we all end up in the same place eventually.
Tight lines

9 November 2009 at 04:36  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Thanks Fish Whisperer,

It was great. Snowed Friday so winter is really here now. Not much luck with the fish but lots of luck with the weather, so I'm calling it a win.

Cheers,
steve

9 November 2009 at 05:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home