Saturday 12 April 2008

More Odd and Interesting Fish Pictures

I just got back from being away. I traveled to Yarmouth via the Annapolis Valley and returned via the South Shore route. It was interesting to see how much snow there still is. Not everywhere though, some of the spots around Yarmouth and in the Valley looked positively spring-like. Most of the brooks were open and running well. The water is normally high for this time of year. Many of the lakes were open but another only a few miles away would still be ice covered. I guess it has to do with their orientation towards the sun. I will get on Google Maps and see if I can figure out the pattern. It might be interesting.

I also had the chance to listen to my brother Neil’s new CD on the way back.
You can check it out at this link.

When I got home, I checked my email to find these pictures from Baraz at Fish Finder.




He says;

“The giant fish in the man's arms is actually a European pike caught somewhere across the big pond...they just do not get that big around here! That picture has actually ended up in some newspapers here claiming it was caught here or there...different story every time!”

Sounds like my baby moose pictures doesn’t it? People are sure funny.



“The pike eats pike shot........well, if you look at the size of the lure, it sure looks like the smaller fish is only about 12 or 15 inches long.........the larger one would probably be between 2 and 3 feet.....4 feet at most!! The original claim is that that pike is over 6 foot long or something outrageous like that!”

Neat stuff! If you have any odd or unusual fish pictures or stories, send them along. I’ll share them with the gang.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home