Sunday 9 March 2008

Fly Tying Benches

What a mess! The workbench where I tie flies and do other small jobs is completely buried under clutter. In a perfect world, I would have this:











or even this















These are built by a company called Coldstream Fly Tying Furniture.

They make Fly Tying Desks, Roll Top Fly Tying Desks, Drop Front Fly Tying Desks, Table Top Fly Tying Benches, and Feather Chests for the discriminating fly tier and fly fisherman.

In addition to making furniture for fly tyers Derek teaches fly casting at the Atlantic Fly Fishing School. Derek is a Certified Fly Casting Instructor with the Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF)

If you do a search for " fly tying supplies " you can find lots of designs but these look better than any I have seen elsewhere.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger James Mann said...

Well I am sure your fly tying area isn't as messy as mine is.

I was just talking with my wife the night before last and said I have to get a fly tying desk that is big enough to organize my mess.

I certainly wouldn't turn down a nice table like the one you are showing.

My birthday just past and I never thought of hinting at a new fly tying table/desk.

1 April 2008 at 17:53  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

James I have to admit, I thought fly-tying was supposed to be messy.

The Coldstream site kind of opened my eyes to what is possible.

When your next birthday comes around you know your wife will support any decision that means less mess.

Cheers,
Steve

2 April 2008 at 01:07  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

23 June 2009 at 09:44  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home